Skip to main content

Every story begins somewhere...

Hi everyone,
I can't believe I've finally jumped on the bandwagon. After many years of contemplating whether I should start a blog, I'm finally here!
My love of cooking and baking stems from my mama. Growing up, mama was always in the kitchen making delicious meals. Coming from a large family that had little money, she had many mouths to feed and not many ingredients to work with. However, she always made delicious food that everyone loved with the little she had.
As I've gotten older, her love of culinary arts has definitely rubbed off on me. I particularly enjoy making Algerian sweets and have made it my goal to expose the world to these beautiful, tasty and delicate treats.


Algerian cuisine, like the country itself, is a hidden gem. Located on the Mediterranean coast, Algeria's roots originate back to various countries and ancient cultures that once ruled, visited, or traded with the region. Algerian food is truly a melting pot of different cultures and is a representation of a beautiful and largely unknown culture.
Growing up in Algeria, I was fascinated with Algerian sweets. I was captivated by the colors, shapes, and flavors that were unique to each cookie. On any special occasion, such as holidays and weddings, I was guaranteed to stuff my face with these yummy cookies! However, when we moved to the States, they were nowhere to be found- except of course on rare occasions when mama would whip up a batch.
Now, I'm on a mission to introduce these delicious, little beauties to the world. I hope you enjoy the content that I will be sharing and stick around for more. Enjoy!

Comments